By Dan Rockwell via leadershipfreak.wordpress.com Article
The Complete List of Toxic Behaviours That Poison Teams
“Toxic behaviors connected to communication:
- Assume silence is agreement.
- Overstate teammate’s opinions and question their motives.
- Sweep difficult topics under the carpet.
- Speak for others. Begin sentences with ‘you’ – you always and you never.
- Polish terminology until the message is lost, obscure, and acceptable to everyone on the planet.
Toxic behaviors connected to lack of humility and disrespect:
- Tolerate drifters.
- Allow power-members to drone on and on.
- Share your feelings without regard for others.
- Make decisions in private meetings, before team meetings begin.
- Fight for everything you want.
- Don’t adapt, as a matter of principle.
- Start over when late-comers arrive.
- Interrupt each other.
- Use sarcasm to put people in their place.
- Refuse to admit you’re wrong and pretend you know more than you know.”