By Dan Rockwell Via leadershipfreak.wordpress.com Article
“There are two types of leaders, stink bugs and flowers.
When stink bugs show up, everything stinks.
- Fear goes up.
- Teams feel dumb.
- Nothing’s good enough.
- The past is more important than the future.
- ‘Little’ people are punished.
- ‘Important’ people are given exemptions.
- Standards are set after the fact, not before.
Everyone celebrates when stink bugs leave.
- Focus on opportunity.
- Define success. People know what winning looks like, when fragrant leaders show up.
- Fuel energy.
- Make people believe they matter.
- Evaluate ideas on merit, not who spoke them.
- Center status on performance and contribution, not position.
- Serve people, rather than people serving them.”