The Secret to you future
“Your character is your future. Leadership is first about character then skill.
- Behavior you compel yourself to do.
- Attitudes and actions you resort to when stressed.
- The way you act when no one is looking.
The 6 essential character traits of successful leaders:
- Acknowledgement that you need others.
- Openness to new ideas.
- Awareness and acceptance of personal limitation and frailty.
- Consistency between commitment and follow through.
- No hidden agendas – transparency of intention.
- Authenticity – opinion reflects personally held values.
- Choose language that builds up when tempted to tear down.
- Withhold personal attack and extend forgiveness.
- Explore options even when you think you know.
- Bravery to stand alone.
- Willingness to state unpopular opinions and speak truth to power.
- Resolve to address difficult topics with kindness.
- Commitment to seek the highest good of others and organizations.
- Lead with empathy and compassion.
- Hold people to their highest potential.
- Keep long-term perspectives in view.
- Belief that organizational mission is worthy of grit.
- Confidence in proven teammates to deliver results.”