Six Secrets to Winning at Office Politics
“Being good at office politics is being good with people, without manipulation and deception. Ethical office politics is influencing people through relationships. Leadership is relationships. …
Six secrets to winning at office politics:
- Relationship first. Build real relationships with people of influence before you need them.
- Check your motives. Always work for the good of your organization.
- Involve people with divergent perspectives. Include HR, finance, and marketing, for example.
- Don’t gang up on someone.
- Help others win. Don’t expect others to keep helping you if you aren’t helping them.
- Be transparent and vulnerable with the right people.”