Lead By Example, Not By Title
“Leadership is not about titles, coercion, manipulation or force. …
As a leader, how can you inspire your team to do its best?
- Lead by example at all times. You’re not a true leader merely because of your title.
- Never stop learning – do whatever it takes to become a better leader.
- Use the right words. What you say – and how you say it – as a leader always matters.
- Appreciate differences. Use people’s differences as a source of strength for the team.
- Motivate yourself. You cannot motivate others unless you motivate yourself.
- Collaborate with your team to innovate instead of pushing ideas on them.
- Empower people around you to succeed – give them responsibility and authority.
- Treat others with compassion and respect. Don’t just tell them they are important. Showthem.
- Promote a collaborative culture where everyone is a leader.
Great leaders inspire everyone on their team, regardless of title, to follow these principles.”