From Inc. 5000 Article
- “Customer needs/desires do not appear to be evolving rapidly.
- Consolidation by leading competitors is reducing competitive intensity.
- Disruptive innovations and new entrants are gaining share only gradually and top out at relatively low levels.
- Market shares of leading competitors have solidified and are changing gradually, if at all.
- Price, brand and/or channel strategy has supplanted product innovation as key value drivers.
- Cash flows are increasingly turning positive and being returned to investors rather than invested into the market. …
Strategies for Mature Markets
If your market is maturing, there are still likely to be plenty of value creation opportunities in front of you. Here are some strategies you might pursue: ….”