Principles that form the foundation of profit
“The state of mind that ignores risk and favors short-term economic gain above all else is what Tomasdottir considers to be a financial world driven solely by masculine values. There’s no need to abandon such values, nor should “feminine” values act to dismantle the system. Instead, these five values are meant to offer a balanced mindset.
- Independent advice and solutions.
- Assurance that risk is known before decisions are made.
- Due diligence that includes an analysis of people factors along with financial concerns.
- Honesty and transparency in client communications.
- Profit that is principled and is measured in a broad way.
“We want to make profit as a company, we want to make profit on behalf of our customers, but we really care how profit is made,” Tomasdottir says.”