“Here are eight questions that can be used to evaluate candidates to ensure they have the “right stuff” for [leadership] …
- Do they have the motivation/desire to lead and have an impact?
- Do they have a sense of purpose (personal vision / goals) ?
- Do they have the confidence that they can make a difference (not arrogance)?
- Are they assertive and have the willingness to assert themselves to compete?
- Are they psychologically fit and do they have insight about themselves and empathy towards others?
- Are they centered and are they able to control their emotional impulses (emotional intelligence) ?
- Do they have energy and the stamina to work long hours?
- Do they have average or slightly above average intelligence that meets the cognitive/problem solving requirements for positions above their current level?”